WhatsApp is one of the most popular apps in the world and has over 2 billion active users. This app that becomes more versatile every day, and allows people to interact through texts, audios, videos, photos and much more.
In view of all the content shared through the platform, in many cases, it is necessary to protect chats and private conversations. In short, one of the recurring practices is the addition of a password on WhatsApp. That way, you don’t run the risk of having any leaked conversations.
It is worth remembering that the methods may vary depending on the mobile device that the user has, for example, iPhone or Android. Also, you must have the updated version of the messaging app.
The procedure can be done with the application’s own tools, specifically, from the privacy settings available. Below, check out how to put the password in conversations within WhatsApp.
How to put password inside WhatsApp?
See the step-by-step below:
- Open the WhatsApp application;
- Then go to the three dots at the top and click Settings;
- After that, select the option Account;
- After that, tap Privacy;
- After that, go to Fingerprint lock;
- then confirm Unlock with fingerprint, pressing the switch to activate this function. If you have an iPhone, you will have the option to Unblock by Face ID.
When you finish the above steps, you need to restart the WhatsApp application. With this, the new function will be enabled. And so, whoever tries to access your WhatsApp app will not be allowed to read your conversations.
Furthermore, the recommendation is to disable high-priority notifications so that no one knows when you have a message to read in those chats that you prefer to keep secret from prying eyes.
How to hide WhatsApp on your smartphone?
there is another way to put a password on WhatsApp and hide your chats so that no one reads. For that, you must use the function that your built-in phone has, which is to hide apps. Depending on the operating system, the path is different:
Hide WhatsApp not Android
- Go to Settings;
- Select Privacy;
- Tap Hide apps;
- Set a password;
- Select WhatsApp so that no one enters without your permission.
Hide WhatsApp not iOS
- open the application App Store;
- Then, click on your profile picture, at the top right corner;
- Afterwards, go to Shopping;
- After that, find the app you want to hide, swipe left and press Hide;
- Confirm the operation.
How to put password inside a conversation on WhatsApp?
In short, if you want to put password on only one WhatsApp conversation, you can use Locker for Whats Chat App, available for Android. Below, check out how to use it:
- Download and install the app Locker for Whats Chat App;
- when opening it, enter and confirm the access password to the app. In short, the password you create will be the same to unlock conversations;
- Then choose the name of the App in the tab of settings;
- After that, enable the option Use service;
- After that, tap + and you will be redirected to WhatsApp. There, just choose the conversation you want to add to the list;
- Finally, to remove the access password from a WhatsApp conversation, it is necessary to click on the icon of closed padlock for him to stay Open.
So, every time you open the conversation on WhatsApp, you will need to enter a password to access it. If you want to enter a password in other WhatsApp conversations, just open the app, tap + and repeat the process.