If you’re tired of running around the city in Dying Light 2, you can just hop on a working bike.
We admit it bluntly: this time, we gave you false hopes with the teaser image, coldly and without flinching. Indeed, if you thought the bicycle found in Dying Light 2 actually contained a pretty basket full of flowers, we’re going to have to disappoint you.
But that’s no reason to abandon ourselves to the zombies at night in the streets of Villedor. Because the rest of the promised content is the truth, and nothing but the truth. The developers of Dying Light 2 indeed hid a bicycle in the game’s code, which modders have now pulled out of the garage. We explain how you too can be pedaling in a few minutes.
How to get this cool bike?
To get the two-wheeler, you don’t even have to work a lot. You need the Developer Menu mod, which brings the original Developer Menu back to the game with lots of options. But let’s start at the beginning, here are the step-by-step instructions:
* Download the mod at (Nexusmods)
- Unzip the archive. Then copy the data2.pak file to a specific location in your installation directory, more precisely:
- C:\Programmes (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dying Light 2\ph\source (Steam)
- C:\Programmes (x86)\Epic Games\Dying Light 2\ph\source (Epic)
- You can then launch the game. In the game menu, you will find the Tips tab, which will take you to the Developer menu
- Click on the Items category, then type bicycle in the search bar. A click on the name brings up the object
- You will immediately be put on the bike, do not be surprised. If you want to go down, you just have to press the jump button. To get on the bike, press the F key as usual.
What is the bike worth?
The new vehicle is fully functional and therefore takes you to the desired location in the city in no time. There are, however, a few obstacles that could quickly end your turn.
For one thing, the bike’s speed is so high that you’re constantly in a confrontational lane through the often twisty streets filled with debris (and zombies) of all kinds. On the other hand, Aiden’s camera perspective, or more specifically FOV (Field-of-View) is not designed for this form of mobility. Sensitive stomachs should therefore rather avoid this mod.
But if you need to go fast or want to try everything you can do with a bike in the open world, you can have a very fun few hours with this mod.
Dying Light 2 could have been much better, that’s an open secret. And everyone also knows that the development was bumpy and many features had to be removed. The result is a potential far from being exploited.
Have you ever tried the mod? How do you rate the handling and view of the camera, which takes some getting used to? Would you have liked the developers to officially leave the bike in the game? Please let us know in the comments!