She dies on a ‘date’ with a man she met on an app

A 23-year-old woman, found dead shortly after meeting a man through a dating app, overdosed on drugs, according to the coroner’s report, which classified the case as an accident.

• Read also: He kills a mom while driving crazy

Lauren Smith-Fields, of Bridgeport, Connecticut, swallowed a cocktail of drugs, including fentanyl, with alcohol.

The Chief Coroner released his report on Monday, a month after the young woman was found unresponsive in her apartment.

In addition to fentanyl, substances like promethazine, hydroxyzine, and alcohol were found in his blood. Fentanyl is a painkiller while the other substances are allergy medications.

The investigation has not yet determined how the young woman obtained these substances or how she would have consumed them.

The young woman spent the evening with Matthew LaFountain, a 37-year-old white man, who has not been charged.

The man told police that he and the young woman, whom he had only known for three days, spent the night of December 12 drinking tequila, eating and watching a movie.

He found her dead the next morning in the bloody sheets. He immediately alerted the authorities, can we read on the MailOnline.

The victim’s family, however, accused the Bridgeport police of being reluctant in the investigation, and of having shown racial insensitivity in their handling of the case. These relatives plan to file a lawsuit alleging civil rights violations. A march in tribute to the victim was also organized.

On Monday, Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim launched an internal investigation into the police department’s handling of the investigation.

The family claimed that the police took too long to inform them of the young woman’s death. Investigators then asked relatives to stop calling for updates.

The police say they waited for the result of the autopsy before launching the investigation, but some information could have been analyzed, such as the messages from the victim’s Bumble account, which is not an easy task.

According to the police report obtained by the MailOnline, the young woman had asked her ‘match’ for $40 to have her nails done.

The man reportedly told police that Lauren Smith-Fields fell ill and vomited in her bathroom. The two then proceeded to drink tequila-mixed drinks. They allegedly played games, ate food and started watching a movie when Smith-Fields received a text message. She would have gone out to get something and then, when she returned, would have gone to her bathroom for 10-15 minutes.

The man thought she was acting strange, but he didn’t feel in a position to tell her anything because he didn’t know her very well, the report said.

The couple reportedly continued watching the movie, finished the bottle of tequila before falling asleep on the sofa.

Matthew LaFountain would have carried it to his room and the two would have fallen asleep there.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *