The Central Bank of Brazil (BCB) has launched a new tool called “Values Receivable System (SVR)” on January 24, 2022. It is a resource developed to check values that people have forgotten in their bank accounts. According to the BCB, approximately 79 thousand people could already redeem more than R$ 900 million, money that was forgotten in banks and financial institutions.
The Values Receivable System (SVR) was developed with the objective of helping individuals and companies with information about the existence of money available in a financial institution. According to the Central Bank of Brazil, there is currently an amount of R$ 8 billion that can be redeemed.
Large number of simultaneous accesses bring down BCB website
Due to the sharing of information about the possibility of being able to withdraw money through the consultation tool of the Central Bank of Brazil, the Brazilian financial control body suspended the SVR on Tuesday night, due to instabilities on its website due to the large number of simultaneous accesses. Now, on the morning of this Wednesday (26), the Values Receivable System went offline. The BCB told AgenciaBrasil:
“The Values Receivable System (SVR) was developed with the objective of helping individuals and companies with information about the existence of money available in a financial institution. According to the Central Bank of Brazil, there is currently a value of R$ 8 billion that can be redeemed. The Values Receivable System registered higher-than-expected demand, but we are already adjusting the service capacity.”
How the Values Receivable System (SVR) works and how to get your money back
The SVR (Values Receivable System) is a new tool of the Registrato system, created to provide the extract of a person’s information about debts (open or net), opening of bank accounts (active or inactive) and remittances of money abroad. To recover the money saved by a financial institution, the citizen can ask for the redemption in two ways.
The first way to get your resources back is through Pix in the Registrato’s account (if the financial institution has adhered to a specific term of the Central Bank). In other cases, it will be necessary to provide contact details in the system and in the financial institution which means of payment or transfer should be used.
See below the step by step to access your data on the Central Bank of Brazil website:
- By cell phone: accessing your bank’s application, looking for the Registrato option, you will be forwarded to the accreditation on the Central Bank page and then just access it. Accessing the Registrar, just look for the option “Amounts to Receive” and the user will be directed to the page where it will be shown whether or not there is money available for him to withdraw.
- Through Internet Banking: get a security phrase on the Central Bank page, go to https://credenciamento.bcb.gov.br/via-bcb/0 and fill in your details to get the phrase (the site above is unstable due to database problems of the Central Bank). Then access your bank’s Internet Banking from your computer and look for the Registrato option to validate the security phrase, then complete the accreditation on the Central Bank page to which you will be directed. Now just access the registry. So just look for the option “Amounts to Receive” and the user will be directed to the page where it will be shown whether or not there is money available for him to withdraw.
- From the Central Bank website: when accessing https://www.bcb.gov.br/ search for the page “My Financial Life” and then click on “Amounts to Receive”. The next step is to click on the item “Consult the Amounts Receivable Report” and “Start Consultation”. At this point, the user will need to inform the CPF or CNPJ. After the digital verification, the system will point out if there are values available or not.
New functionality to be added throughout 2022
According to the BCB, during this year 2022, new functionalities should be added to the SVR, such as, for example, the consultation of the return of amounts resulting from tariffs or credit obligations improperly charged not provided for in the term of commitment. In addition, the consultation of:
- Closed prepaid and postpaid payment accounts with available balance;
- Accounts closed at brokerage firms;
- Accounts closed at securities dealers.
Source: Save money