Unlike many Android smartphones, the iPhone natively has a way to scan a document perfectly, without having to take a picture of it with all the unnecessary external elements. Nothing very complicated. We explain how to get started.
You no longer have a fax, sending a photo of an important document never looks terrible, even serious. And yet you only have your iPhone handy. No problem ! There is a solution, as the Apple ad said. And this obviously goes through a home app already present.
On Android, there are a multitude of applications for scanning documents, but rarely features built directly into the device that allow you to crop the image to keep only the desired area. You can also go through Google Photos to crop a captured photo. But you will only get a JPEG file and not a PDF.
The procedure for scanning a document with your iPhone
- Open the Notes app.
- Create a new note by tapping the icon at the bottom right.
- Tap the Camera icon and choose “Scan documents”.
- Place your document on a flat, in a well-lit area. Frame the document with your camera.
- In the top menu bar, you can choose to scan in color, grayscale, black and white, or photo resolution.
– If you are in mode «Auto», a yellow zone will delimit the medium detected by the photo sensor which is perceived as the document to be scanned. The photo is triggered automatically.
– You can choose to switch to manual mode “ by tapping at the top right of the screen. Press the shutter button. On the resulting photo, you can then define the scan area by adjusting the corners. Press “Keep Scan” for the document to be saved. You can then add more scans.
Even if you are in “Auto” mode, it is possible to rectify the area if it is not displayed correctly. Press the shutter button and you can adjust the corners just like in manual mode.
- Scanned documents accumulate at the bottom left of the window. Once all your operations have been completed, click on “Save”.
How to manage your scanned documents?
All scans then appear in the note. You can first crop the document, change the color of your documents. Just click on the scanned document.
Two solutions are then presented to you:
If this solution seems too complicated, know that there are apps to scan your documents. Genius Scan offers the same functionality.