It is reassuring to know that an online video game purchase can be refunded. This is the case with Steam, provided certain conditions are met. We will detail everything here and explain how to get a refund for a Steam game?
You bought a video game on Steam, but voila, you are not satisfied. The reasons can be multiple, a hardware problem, a too light configuration. Either you have simply made a mistake or you quickly realize that you are not hanging on to the title purchased.
Don’t panic, our tutorial is here to explain how to get a refund on Steam.
No matter, because in the end the reasons do not matter to Steam. Above all, three simple conditions must be met:
- Any request for reimbursement must be made at the latest within 14 days after purchase.
- It is imperative not to have exceeded two hours of cumulative use at the time of the refund request.
- The security that is the subject of a refund request can only be a video game, third-party DLCs (Steam gives the example of a DLC that increases the level of a character) are excluded.
How do I get a refund for a Steam game?
- Log into your Steam account in your browser or from the client.
- Click on the menu at the top of the page named Support in a browser and Aide on the Steam app.
- A nice list of topics is displayed. The most recently purchased games are displayed first. If one of these titles is the subject of your refund request, click directly on the name of the game. But to go faster, we advise you to avoid this step.
- Click on the heading Purchase and then displays the list of all your purchases for six months. Choose the one you want to get refunded here Among Us.
- Four proposals appear, go directly to the first, I would like to request a refund and in the next page click on I would like to request a refund.
- A new page appears, click again on I would like to request a refund.
- A form then appears and you will have to fill it out carefully, you must above all specify the preferred reimbursement method (PayPal, CB or Steam wallet) and finish by specifying the reason for the request.
- Finally, click on Submit.
You will quickly receive an email confirming receipt of your refund request. A second will confirm that Steam (normally) accepts your request and you will be credited with the amount within seven days.